On 28 April 2021, there will be a launch of 366 days to raise $500,000. Reaching the goal will mean we can:
- Link 10 veterans with a support dog each through Operation K9 (RSB).
- Arrange for 64 veterans and first responders to attend a trip that includes counselling and training through Trojan’s Trek.
- Facilitate 206 attendances at camps and other initiatives for children through Legacy South Australia.
- Supply a small trailer for Operation Unity to continue with its work for veterans, current ADF members, and their families.
The fundraising will commence on the anniversary of the deployment and run for 366 days ending on the anniversary of the deployment.
The launch is taking place at:
- Drill Hall and Torrens Parade Ground, King William Street, Adelaide
- 7:15 am for 7.30 am start on Wednesday 28 April 2021 for attendees of the opening.
Attendance is limited, please contact Operation Unity on 0403 337 772 or e-mail email@example.com if you wish to attend.
You MUST advise on or before Monday 19 April 2021, then we will do our best to ensure you can attend.A short walk of honour for the Al Mathanna Task Group will be taking place at approximately 8.10 am by members of Operation Unity, Operation K9 (RSB), Legacy SA, and Trojan’s Trek.
You can show your support by cheering them on from the Torrens Parade Ground or on the gardens bounded by Frome Road, Sir Edwin Smith Avenue, and King William Street from approximately 8.30 am.
Tax-deductible donations can be made into the following account:
Friends of the Veterans Incorporated
BankSA, BSB 105-086,
Account Number 057073640 and MUST BE MARKED ‘WALK21’
Download the flyer here